Monday, May 25, 2009

Valuable reference materials!

I was at the library starting the project and I found books that I thought would give valuable information to all of us as a starting point:

1.  Planting Green Roofs and Living Walls by Nigel Dunnett and Noel Kingsbury
2.  Green Roof Plants by Snodgrass and Snodgrass
3.  Roof Gardens, Balconies and Terraces by David Stevens
4.  Vertical Gardens by Jacques Leenhardt
5.  Balcony and Roof Gardens by Jenny Hendy
6.  Architecture and the Garden by James Van Sweden

I know there is more information on-line but these books are fascinating with great photos.  I will contact buildings with rooftop gardens in Chicago and make arrangements for us to tour the gardens on June 5th.  This is my first blog, let me know if I need to do anything differently going forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment